Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A conversation about food - Ma Su Mun and Kyi May Kaung - from Facebook -

  • Aung Ko Please kindly do me a favour ေကာ္မွဳန္. How it is called or what is its name in English, please. Many thanks in advance, AK(BR)
  • Ma Su Mon Corn starch, cornstarch, cornflour or maize starch is the starch derived from the corn (maize) grain. The starch is obtained from the endosperm of the corn kernel. Corn starch is a popular food ingredient used in thickening sauces or soups, and is used in making corn syrup and other sugars.
  • Ma Su Mon ဆုမြန္လည္း စမ္းၿပီး လုပ္စားပါ့မယ္
  • Kyi May Kaung Have not cooked this for ages - your picture and recipe reminded me - yum yum -
  • Ma Su Mon ပဲပင္ေပါက္နဲ႔ စိမ္းစားငါးပိရရင္ စမ္းၿပီး လုပ္စားမလို႔ အန္တီၾကည္ေမ :):)
  • Ma Su Mon ပဲပင္ေပါက္ေလးရရင္ ေကာ္ရည္ေခါက္ဆြဲက စားေကာင္းတယ္ ဆိုတယ္. :0
  • Kyi May Kaung That's one of the problems - I only shop sometimes and forget the bean sprouts, or they go bad before I can use them - nice with RAW bean sprouts like pad Thai and with lime squeezed in ngapi - anyway, can't eat gnapi now as too salty - nice with green chillies in the ngapi -
  • Ma Su Mon ဆန္ေဆးေရကို ဆားေလးနဲ႔ ထည့္ အခ်ဥ္ေပါက္ေအာင္ တည္ထားၿပီးေတာ့ ပဲပင္ေပါက္ေလးေတြ ႏြမ္းသြားရင္ ပဲတီခ်ဥ္ေလး လုပ္လိုက္ေလ အန္တီ။
  • Kyi May Kaung Yes, these days everything is going bad - I tried green mangoes for pickle and it rained 2 days, so no sun - and now I think the mangoes are rotted too - Sometimes I secretly throw out food that are my failed cooking experiments - like the cake I tried without butter -
  • Ma Su Mon ဆုမြန္ ကူစားေပးမယ္
  • Kyi May Kaung Yes, my dear, welcome to visit any time - now out of town - I bought so much oranges in big bag on sale, glad I gave 1/2 to housekeeper - today saw grapefruit I bought to make fake shauk thee thoke also rotten - so threw behind the roses for the birds.
  • Kyi May Kaung Maybe you and I should publish a funny cook book in Burmese and English of our conversations - Sometimes I just LOOK at the cookbooks for fun like reading fiction.
  • Kyi May Kaung As my aunt said, "It is no fun growing old" so do everything you wish to do NOW.
  • Ma Su Mon I totally agree
  • Kyi May Kaung This same aunt (now gone too) said to me when she was saying good bye to me at Bkk airport - "KK, when you get there (to USA) go everywhere" and I did.
  • Kyi May Kaung Have to run now - lovely conversation.
  • Ma Su Mon have a good day Aunty.

From Myanmar Now--bumbling SAC propagandist-- SACK!--+ don't trust Hunterbrook Media--

Myanmar’s military regime is not renowned for its sophisticated propaganda machine. Much of what passes for strategic messaging from the rul...