Monday, May 20, 2013

Conversation with Dr Myo Nyunt on my novella Black Rice - from Facebook

  • Kyi May, congratulations. A struggle in the struggles. With Metta Sayar
  • Kyi May Kaung Thank you, Saya and Khin Myo - I wrote it long ago, about 1994, when my cousin was still alive. Re-reading it made me remember all the strange Burmese politics my cousins talked about all the time, when I was just a child and coming home from UK, where my father told me on my first day of school that I could ask "the Bobbies" -- the policemen for help if I needed anything. In Burma he bolted the doors carefully at night and told us not to go along with strangers as so many kidnappings of children happened in the 50s. I am glad this story Black Rice is published, as it makes it easier for me to write about Burma in the 50s. Actually, I have written a good deal already, but it all needs more work to be ready for publication, as written on my old Apple computer, in the Rittenhouse Writers Group in Philadelphia.

Anne Hathaway on casting love scenes--It's a matter of power--(more May-Dec stories)

h ttps://www.aol.com/entertainment/anne-hathaway-says-gross-chemistry-202037521.html